Tuesday 25 November 2008

SUPERBLOG

Well last week was fab! Munch surprised me with an overnight stay at The Beach Hut a lovely little B and B in Holyhead it was wonderful and so lovely of her to surprise me (I actually cried) but it was probably from shock more than anything haha. It was a lovely little place and we went to an Italian restaurant and had chicken and brie salad which was divine. This meant that we didn’t have to travel from home on the Friday, it was great we were up and out for half 8. We had a fab day looking at all the possible venues holiday cottages and hotels and we liked them all. The decision is now I think but like everything else this is subject to change that we are going to stay in holiday cottages and have a small party on the sat night instead of giving the reception from there, and hire a venue for the reception separately.
We definitely want to stay with our friends and family at cerrig y barcud having met the owner Ann Marie who is easily the nicest person I’ve ever met and seen the beautiful cottages it was a no brainer, we had to stay there. This means that we need to stay in the area of Llanfair pg really so this rules out Oak Lodge where I really wanted to go originally which is a shame as they were going to do us a bbq which is what munch wanted. This leaves us with Gwesty Carrig Mon which I have to say we both loved but not to sure on prices etc.
However the delightful Ann Marie had a suggestion…Around the corner from her place is Anglesey Sea Zoo owned by her friend Dylan, her idea was if we were looking for something unique why not go and ask him if he would do a wedding reception at the zoo. This as you can imagine is right up our alley and off we went. The Sea Zoo was closed but we found Dylan who took us to the room the reception would be in, they had never done a wedding before and he seemed really keen, they have a liquor license and a music license and the room holds 80 people. Perfect he would even leave the sea zoo open for guests to wander around. Sounds fantastic right! We loved him and decided we wanted it there immediately. Now I’m not so sure I cant see a wedding reception being held in that room, I cant see where there would be a dance floor, I’m concerned we would run out of alcohol and there is nowhere to get any, there is a shop next to the restaurant what happens to all that stuff…I have loads of questions but I cant think of them now, I love the idea and its right near Cerrig but I just cant picture it.

No comments: